Re: .ini parsing

От Giuliano Gavazzi
Тема Re: .ini parsing
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
At 16:35 +0100 2003/03/19, sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
(Michael Sperber [Mr.
  Pre wrote:
>Psqlodbc 7.2.5 isn't able to parse the .ini files produced by common
>.ini files creation programs, such as that shipped with iODBC.  The
>reason is that it cannot deal with spaces before the "=" signs.  So,
>
>Port= 5432
>
>is OK, but
>
>Port = 5432
>
>is not.  I think it would save a lot of confusion if this were fixed
>or at least a FAQ would talk about it.

strange. I use iODBC and it is fine with the spaces. Besides, are you
sure the odbc.ini is read by the driver and not by the iodbc driver
manager? You see, with the old version of iODBC on MacOSX the .ini
files were actually named differently and had a different location,
either the driver manager was passing the file location to the
driver, or, as I said above, the files were read by the iODBC driver
manager indeed.
Maybe this is a bug with the version of iODBC you are using.

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/